Terms & Conditions for Promotions & Competitions
1. To take part in above competitions,
- You have to be a Hutch 078 or 072 customer
- Your number has to be registered under your NIC or Passport
- To stand a chance to win a prize you must be subscribed to the respective service (listed above).
- Be 18 years or older
- Prizes will only be awarded to the registered Sim owner. Hutch customers can dial #132# to check Sim ownership details.
2. Who cannot participate – The following persons, although meeting above criteria, may not participate in Competitions/Promotions
- Hutch staff (including temporary and contract staff) or their family members
- Service partner staff or their family members
3. Eligibility to win prizes
- For some promotions, winners are selected randomly through a computer generated algorithm, by service partner.
- For competition themed services, prizes are awarded to customers who win the competition, by the respective service partner.
- At the point of winner selection, only customers that remain subscribed to the particular service and are in active status in the Hutch network, will be considered as eligible for the draw.
- In fairness to all customers, any customer who has won a prize will not be eligible to win another prize for 6 months after the conclusion of the respective promotion or competition.
- For promotions where customers win Airtime and/or Data, eligibility criteria such as service fee that has been charged for the activation, previous win date, duration that the service has remained active may apply.
4. Contacting winners
- Hutch customers who are winners of promotion/competitions will be contacted by a Hutch Customer Service representative on behalf of Service Partners.
- Winners will be contacted on their Hutch 078/072 number through official service numbers of Hutch: 1788 or 0785785785.
- If a particular winner cannot be reached via registered Hutch number for 3 consecutive days, Service Partner holds the right to award the prize to a different winner.
5. Collecting Prizes
- At the point of collecting a prize, the winner must produce the valid NIC/Passport under which the mobile number is registered
- If the registered Sim owner is unable to collect the prize, a nominee of the registered owner can collect the prize with an authorization letter and NIC/Passport copy of the registered Sim owner.
- Service Partner holds the right to award the prize to a different winner if the original winner does not collect the prize on the scheduled day, and is unreachable for 14 consecutive days.
- Prizes are not transferable and if any prize is not collected by the winner, forfeited or rejected for any reason, another draw will be held to select a new winner.
- Hutch and its Service Partners do not under any circumstance, charge any fee or require a monetary deposit from the winner in order to award the prize.
6. Responsibility of Service Partners
Service Partners are to obtain all necessary approvals/regulatory requirements from relevant authorities and abide by the respective laws of the country that govern competitions, games and promotions.It is the sole responsibility of the Service Partner to manage all matters pertaining to promotions or competitions. Hutch shall only facilitate its customers to subscribe to services, promotions and competitions and shall not be liable for;
- Delays by Service Partner in providing gratifications (prizes) on time.
- Defects and/or quality issues of tangible prizes such as electronic devices or other gift items provided by Service Partners.
- Any extra conditions imposed by Service Partners.
- Any acts by Service Partner
- All information relating to the competition and published on any promotional material are part of these terms and conditions.
- Hutch and its associated Service Partners will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from your participation in the competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising.
- Hutch may ask winners (at no fee) to endorse, Hutch and its services, at their consent.
- Winners may decline the request to use their personal details or image in marketing or visibility materials. Their refusal will not affect the awarding of a prize.
- Hutch may terminate the competition immediately and without notice if it is required to do so due to legislative or regulatory reasons.
- Hutch reserves the right to substitute the prize at any time with something else of similar commercial value.
- This terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- By entering a competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.